Industry's Shortest Frac Plug
Less Material, Less Bridging Issues
Degradable and 'Dissolvable' plugs are only partially dissolvable and will always leave a portion of their initial mass as a powdered debris in the well. Traditional degradable plugs with lengths around 18 inches leave a significant amount of debris downhole resulting in unintended bridging and flowback issues which need to be rectified with coiled tubing. Enigma™ with 90% less mass than other plugs does not leave enough debris to cause flow back bridging.
Lowest Preset Risk Plug
Fastest Pump Down Speeds
With the Enigma™ preset risk is virtually eliminated leaving operators only limited by wireline operating limits for pump down speeds. 800 ft/min pump down speeds are easily achievable significantly lowering pumping times on long lateral well pads.
Enigma™ is not adversely affected by downhole debris like traditional frac plugs. The Enigma™ pushes debris out of the way before setting rather than trapping it on slip dies and elastomers.
Ball-in-Place with Gun-Mis-Run Contingency
Enigma™ provides the option to run a ball in place for water conservation and a reduction in pump times. In the event of a gun mis-fire the ball will flow off seat then be prevented from re-seating during pumping of secondary guns downhole.
Once the guns are fired rate is increased past the hurdle rate and the ball will re-seat regaining pressure integrity of the plug.
The Enigma™ degradable frac plug is the latest addition to the 8Sigma technology portfolio. In this state-of-the-art design, the plug has a significantly reduced overall length and a large internal diameter (ID), increasing efficiency in both setting and flowback. The Engima™ plug eliminates pre-set risk and provides the ability to run a ball in place. These best-in-class features are offered without sacrificing the reliability and pressure integrity performance that operators have become accustomed to with 8Sigma Unconventional technologies.
- 10,000 psi (68.9 MPa) differential rating up to 200 °C and 392 °F
- 3 inch plug length or less 4.500 inch and 5.500 inch
- Plug will completely dissolve in less than 3 days.
- Ball can be ran in place with wireline setting tool saving water and transport costs.
- Compatible with industry standard setting tools (#10 and #20)
- Best-in-Class ID offers greater flowback reliability and faster degradation.
- Most cost effective degradable plug on the market due to 89% less material than other plugs and a low part count.
- Can be set in Q125 and all softer grades of casing.
- Can be milled in less than 3 minutes, if required.
- No elastomers and no slips or buttons eliminate milling NPT and production downtime.
- Unique Enigma™ design, eliminates pre-set risk.
- The Enigma™ degradable materials can be replaced with non-degrading material to become the most reliable, largest ID millable frac plug on the market.